November 25, 2013

Crush of the Month - Allergic to Vanilla

While I know how much I am inspired by the many, many fashion bloggers who I visit every day, you might not. So, I've decided to showcase one stylish fashionista per month to broaden your scope of inspiration and increase their influence, because they deserve it! My next installment of this series (see the others here), in giving credit where credit is due, is about Carlina Harris of Allergic to Vanilla.
This stylish San Franciscan is the most recent addition to my social media feeds and I am certainly the better for it. In fact, I can credit her for my new obsession with oversized blazers (aka men's sport coats). While I have yet to learn about her professionally or personally, I can certainly tell that she has fun  - I mean, the name of her blog says it all! She makes menswear shapes and textures feminine and chic like I thought only Jenna Lyons could do. Plus, when I was grieving the loss of my ability to wear high heels, she made me confident that flats or low heels could be sexy and flattering too.

To you, Carlina!
All images via Allergic to Vanilla

No comments: