November 6, 2012

Canadian Tuxedo


I love a Canadian tuxedo, and worn with the right pieces, it can be chic. I can see some of you scoffing at this very idea and I understand. We all remember the denim catastrophe that was JT and Britney at the AMAs in 2001, right? As far as rules to live by when wearing denim on denim, here they are: 1. Pick jean pieces different in color - light for one and dark for the other; 2. Wear a tweed, tuxedo, or black blazer, or even a fur vest to top off the shirt and incorporate another texture; 3. Toss on some jewelry since the last thing you want is a minimalistic look; and, 4. Keep one (or both) of your jean pieces loose. Even though today of all days is a day to be American, try it out and bring a lil bit of our northern neighbors into your street style at some point this season.

Have you guys been to Kohl's lately? I definitely have and man, oh man, you should go! I have an exclusive 10% for my readers on their website using code TENBLOG until December 23rd (can be used with other coupons & promotions). Might I suggest purchasing these, this, or this? 

Jack BB Dakota fur vest, Jennifer Lopez for Kohl's blazer, I Heart Ronson chambray shirt, Mavi Serena jeans, Sam Edelman pumps, Stella & Dot necklace, Indigenous beanie, Charming Charlie clutch, Revlon's Blackberry lipstick

No comments: