April 28, 2011

Bright copper kettles...

It seems only appropriate that the favorite thing post with "copper" in the title would feature something in that color family. Therefore, I give you my third favorite thing: slim red jeans.


Blending in, be damned! I love color and brights, as anyone who knows me is aware of, so this color and cut are perfect for me and those who are like minded. Although I do not recommend wearing these on the humid, 90 degree days of summer, for right now, these pants are the cat's pajamas, so to speak. Usually, when one thinks of red, the natural neutral is black, right? Not anymore, my friends. Think of lightening up this hearty hue with beige, white, cognac, navy, pastels of any color, or olive green. It's all about making it day appropriate. As for getting the fit right, keep it slim and ankle length (no boot cut or flare) and if you come upon a twill material, that's good too! Top off the outfit with some cognac or tan accessories and you're out the door! Find your own red jeans here, here, or here.

No comments: