January 3, 2012

Valentine


It might be premature but, I'd like to ask...Will you be my valentine? Since it's the next celebrated holiday (besides my birthday, oh...and those guys MLK, Jr. and Honest Abe), I'll offer you some history on the day of courtly and romantic love. The Roman Emperor Claudius II, made a law that ordered young men remain single - he thought that this would grow his army since married men did not make good soldiers. Those Romans had to be fighters, not lovers. Saint Valentine; however, being all lovey dovey and stuff, secretly performed marriage ceremonies, so he was arrested and jailed. But before he was executed (tear), he wrote a card to his beloved, the jailer's daughter, signed "From your Valentine." All together now, "Awwwwww!" 

NY & Co skirt and sweater, J.Crew turtleneck, Hue tights, Nine West booties, Target earrings, Love That Pink lipstick

2 comments:

Clara Turbay said...

I like the way you show your inspirations!

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wonderful sweater!!


new post: click here
follow me