My roommate asked me, "What do you think we should be wearing now?" And I pondered... It might be raining, windy, or sunny, but we can get comfortable with the mid 40s and up as expected temps. However, this still, poses a problem since any winter jacket is too heavy and your spring coat isn't warm enough. Although I have accepted that fashion can be pain, for a pretty pair of shoes, I cannot accept being cold or sweating due to a lack of planning. Therefore, I give you, my fail safe:
Now, I understand that my style and yours is not likely the same; however, there is an equation that I think can help you to accomplish something similarly "sort of spring" appropriate.
- A tee with a design or stripes;
- A cotton or wool long cardigan in a bright color that will remain unbuttoned;
- A fun belt...wide, skinny, or embellished that will sit at your waist, not your hips;
- A scarf that pulls color from one of the preceding items;
- A leather, tweed, or wool motorcycle jacket (stay away from blazer style as it will business up the look);
- Skinny jeans in dark blue, gray, or black;
- Flat boots
Add one through seven and, voila! You have become weekend warrior of Michigan Ave! Don't forget the cross-body purse. Also, the great thing about this outfit is that it can easily be taken into night by removing the cardigan, adding hoop earrings, and switching up the flat boots for some killer heels! What's your fail safe?