May 24, 2012

Brightened


I would like to think that I brightened a few people's days with these colors. My days are usually brightened by the following things:

Running toddlers
Compliments from strangers
Sweet texts from the man
Witnessing kindness and love
Receiving sincere & unexpected appreciation
Puppies
Glimpses of the skyline or the lake
Hearing uncontrollable laughter

Sometimes, it's easy to recognize the negative or annoying and frustrating things that happen in our day that we don't see the positives, like a filter for badness. The key is to be willing to be brought back from the vicious cycle of negativity and to allow ourselves to be affected by the good. It often happens that I'm in a tizzy over something uncontrollable or petty, until one of these things occurs. Then I'm able to shake my head, smile, and feel better, even if only for a moment.
J.Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt, Francesca's tank, Worthington blazer, XXI flower pin, Jessica Simpson pumps, Revlon Fire & Ice lipstick

No comments: